Wednesday, January 24, 2007

First Post

I guess it's finally time for me to kick off this blog that no one will read but me (since I've told very few people about it).

If you've stumbled onto this page by mistake, hi!

I have another online journal, one that's private and quite silly. This one is meant to be a place where I can sort out the amazing, life-changing thing that happened to me. It began over a year ago, and REALLY began this past Sunday. I'll explain more about that in a later post.

For now I just want to write about what happened, rather than about how it happened and what I did about it.

I found my Faith. I'm now a Christian. And I couldn't be happier about it.

The reactions of those who know and love me (and there are some, honestly) fell into two main categories: 1.) Shock/Disbelief/Have-You-Gone-Mad/Is-This-a-Joke? and 2.) "HOORAY!!!!"

I'd been expecting the #1s, but the number of the #2s surprised and elated me. Sometimes I don't have enough faith in people.

Make that "I often don't." But oh, is it ever lovely to be surprised in that way.

More tomorrow, if I don't give up.

Oh: Here is what I plan to post about. 1.) My journey (which sometimes seems more like a ramble) as a new Christian, 2.) A few photos I've taken (digital photography is one of my hobbies), and 3.) my thoughts about the faith-related books I'm reading (I'm a real bookworm).

Over and out.

2 comments:

Stef said...

Hi, Fledgling, I'm just seeing if I can make comments here. Your new blog looks nice!

k. said...

Thank you! I want to work on it still, but I'm finding Blogger a little confusing.