Thursday, January 25, 2007

Taking the Plunge

The big event alluded to in my last post (first post) (the only other one on here so far) is this:

I got baptized last Sunday. Finally!

I was raised in Protestantism, but in a much more casual atmosphere, and like so many people, I eventually drifted away and stopped going to church. I met some Southern Baptists through work and couldn't stop talking with them about their faith. It seemed to do so much for them; to make such a difference in their lives, and I knew I wanted that close relationship with God, too.

Being baptized is something I've wanted for quite awhile now, and I'm so happy to have done it. Four days later and I'm still glowing.

I drove through a snowstorm to get there, too. The couple in charge of Helping People Get Baptized said they were all taking bets on whether I would show up or not because of the weather. Hah! As if a little weather would stop me.

I dripped slightly and smelled of chlorine all through the service.

It was wonderful.

We took Communion that day, too - my first Lord's Supper as a believer.

It's difficult for me to write well about things that move me deeply, but this really did.

No comments: