Monday, February 5, 2007

Music

I'm still home sick today (blah), so I'm doing what I normally do when I'm not up to much - reading and listening to music.

I think it was a few years ago that a friend first mentioned that he liked to listen to a Christian radio station, and I remember being incredulous: why would you want to listen to hymns all day long? (You can see how vast was my ignorance.)

It wasn't until this past year when another friend clued me in to WGNR, the local MBN affiliate, that I discovered the world of Christian contemporary music.

What can I say? I'm slow...but better late than never. Now I've got an entire Christian Contemporary/Gospel playlist, from which I fill my iPod Shuffle. It helps the workday go lots faster, and it makes me feel good just to listen to it.

I think everyone knows about Jars of Clay, but other artists I like include Steven Curtis Chapman, Nichole Nordeman, and Caedmon's Call.

It's a whole new musical world for me, inspiring and uplifting, and one I'm having a great deal of pleasure in exploring.

No comments: